Friday, December 01, 2006

Bootcamp....Hooyah

Hooyah.....we did it...we survived Bootcamp
If you had asked me 4 weeks ago to name any of the people in the photo i would have said "Yeh right", and today when i was showing Glenn the pics i had taken i was happy with myself that i could name everybody... these have been my new friends 3 mornings a week for the past 4 weeks, while we all try our best to get fit. Some have had some great results Steve(middle-top of tyre) lost 10kgs, with a few of the girls having great results loosing up to 6kgs, but what we all got out of it the most was improved fitness and the pleasure of making new friends. I must say the funniest person i have met in a long time is Jo (middle-bottom of tyre) and just because she is hidding, Jamie needs a mention as well. My fitness partner in crime is Kylie (front left) We have very similar fitness level and found it easy to push each other that little bit harder.
Now if you ask me do push ups on my toes, grunts or go for a 40minute run, i am happy to join in. (Well maybe not to happy to do the grunts.)
For the past weeks these guys have brought out the best and the worst in all of us, and the best this is that most of us are coming back for more in December.
You do grow to like them after the first week.
Here you see Sarge Griffiths doing his punishment for calling Sarge Magiver by is first name.

1 comment:

Chris Millar said...

Hi Jody-Lee, this looks terrific and good on you for surviving the whole 4 weeks. I live in the area and wondered if you could email me any info on how to get in touch with the program.
Thanks
Chris.